Does FedEx feature late delivery?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by VicX, Oct 29, 2009.

1. VicX macrumors member

VicX

i ordered an 27'' iMac last week.
    estimated delivery by 4:30 pm today.
    was waiting since 3:30, and nothing till now 9:14pm.
    i called fedex and was told to WAIT till 4:30 pm tomorrow.
    the iMac has arrived in my city two days ago, they just don't bother to deliver it, and i don't have a car, noway to pick it up.
    u guy's fedexed macs (or ipods) usually late?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

FedEx tends to be early once they get it, getting it dispatched from Apple, different story.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

4. Nuck81 macrumors regular

My Macpro came the exact day estimated. And I was updated every city it went through the second it left China...

5. VicX thread starter macrumors member

VicX

that's the luck for u, mine said 4 days later as their best guess, which is 5 days later than estimated at the best, i just don't understand why they don't bother to deliver my package while it's already around just miles away.:mad:

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

In CA the FedEx drivers I knew were technically independent workers. In theory they owned their own route so it would be in their better interest to finish their days' deliveries. I've had FedEx show up at 9 pm before, it was recently actually and it was for something that could have waited well over a week if they wanted to sit on it.

7. kgapp macrumors member

All FedEx Home deliveries throughout the US are handled by independent contractors. They may wear Fed-Ex uniforms and drive trucks with Fed-Ex logos on them but at the end of the day they are independent contractors who contract for the rights to deliver to certain areas.

In my experience sometimes they are timely with their deliveries and sometimes they are extremely late (as in your case). Sometimes they act very professional and sometimes they act very unprofessional. I guess its just the luck of the draw as to who is contracted in your particular area for the deliveries.

Keep in mind that they deliver packages on Saturdays and then take Monday off instead. Hopefully you will see your package tomorrow because if not the earliest you would probably see it will be Tuesday.

8. VicX thread starter macrumors member

VicX

why hire independent contractors? i know it won't make any difference by complaining on that..

no, my iMac and remote all from China, via international express, so no Saturday delivery there. :( apple guy told me the iMac may come with remote at the same day..(wat? they just sent shipping info of the remote to fedex, another week ahead?)

thankyou guys anyway

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

FedEx bought RPS probably like 10 years ago. RPS drivers were all independent contractors. You don't pay benefits to contractors.

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My Magic Mouse was to come today but now fedex says delivery exception. Is that my fault or theirs?

11. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Yep, that's FedEx for you. I've had the normal FedEx delay 3 day shipments that came in overnight not get delivered until the 3rd day "Well, we're holding it because it got there too quickly"......

I like UPS 3 day. Usually it's overnighted and I get it the next day. :D

12. VicX thread starter macrumors member

VicX

this is even more frustrating than waiting for the shipping. At least, they know it won't come within several days.

13. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

I've noticed with FedEx if a package is going to be late they change the due date to make it on time. Pretty BS, if you ask me. I like my driver; if the package is at the depot early he delivers it anyway. I hate how they hold stuff to be "on time." I guess you can argue you didn't pay for it to get there faster, but it's still pretty lame.