Does flight simulater x work with macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theapplemac, Aug 28, 2010.

1. theapplemac macrumors newbie

im wondering does flight simulater x work with a macbook pro 13inch 4gb ram
    2.4gh 256mb nvidea graphics. and without using bootcamp

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

According to the official website, your MacBook Pro has the technical specifications required for playing this game. Just Windows is needed to play it. You could try it via a Virtual Machine, as the requirements are quite low, but if not Boot Camp is needed.

Btw, that official website I mentioned: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/product_info.html

3. JCCash macrumors regular

X-Plane

Have you tried this one: http://www.x-plane.com/

4. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

I recommend x-plane also. X-Plane 9 runs great on my mid-09 13" MBP. Just make sure you have enough hard drive space because the whole game is a whooping 78 Gigabytes(6 Dual-Layer DVD's).

5. youssefm macrumors 6502

Get x-plane if you want super dynamic realism and mechanics, get FSX if you want something leisurely, but also somewhat realistic (very realistic in terms of a game).
    About the specs, I would run a bootcamp partition, and make it at least 30gb (the game + expansion pack is about 15gb I think). The mbp should run the game fine, on highest, or second highest settings, as I have previously used that machine for it :D

6. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Truly? Anyone else have an opinion on which one has more realistic controls/dynamics?

Also, would my Macbook Pro (2010 13") do fine with either (if I got bootcamp for Flight Sim)? I mean if xplane is more realistic I'd be more tempted to go with that one particularly cause I could run it in OSX. Only thing is are there a lot of add ons for X-Plane (like when I had a PC to run Flight Sim 2004 they had tons of extra planes to add on and even an add on that put in airport traffic as compared to what real time schedules were supposed to be).

So, any opinions on Xplane vs Flight Sim (even Flight Sim 2004 cause that's the one I actually have)? And should my computer if I ran boot camp play 2004 pretty well (my PC I had which we did specifically to run 2004 but with budget in mind could do it on moderate settings? Would my Macbook be able to compare?).