Does FullBodyFilms or other full body screen look cheap after a while?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by holyindian, Sep 5, 2009.

1. holyindian macrumors 6502

Hi all,

This a cool forum to begin my venture into the world of Mac and Iphones.

I was planning to buy a full body protector for my Iphone 3GS. For which i was reviewing FullBodyFilms, Zagg IS, BSE and few others. For this, as i was doing some research on the internet, i decided to go with FullBodyFilms.
    However on another forum, i was reading a post done by a member saying that after a while (2-3 weeks) later the fone starts looking cheap plastic, as the dust and crappy stuff starts sticking towards the edges and the corners of the Iphone protective cover and starts building up there, hence making the fone look unsophisticated. Also it starts discoloring.

Is this true?? Anyone encoutered the same?? I guess there are many ppl who have been using such films over their fones since many months or years, did anyone of you feel the same??

Regards

2. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I have a couple friends who've tried the full-body clear skins and they did end-up collecting pocket lint around the edges of the clear film. They still worked well (I'm still amazed at the Zagg's scratch resistance for such a thin film) but they did definitely look somewhat ghetto if you carry the phone in a pocket where it can collect lint/dust/etc. As such, it became a personal choice whether they wanted the thin protection vs. the dusty-edge look.

3. joseph87 macrumors member

joseph87

Hello, I have used Bodyguardz for my laptop and my ipod touch. The lint build up usually occurs if the shield is not applied correctly. For instance, when I first bought my ipod touch i applied the bodyguardz upon opening. Unfortunately I got too excited and applied it without letting it sit and carried it in my pocket and eventually it all started peeling off. I bought another one and let it sit and now it looks brand new (I applied it a month ago). If it get's dirty just get a SMALL amount of dishwashing liquid (nothing rough) and some water and softly clean off any smudges and it will look brand new again. I do the same thing with my laptop when it starts looking a bit smudgy. Good luck in your decision.

4. lollicup macrumors regular

I have had mine for over a year, and zero lint/looking ugly ( bodyguardz)

you need to apply it perfectly ( clean with alcohol, let dry for 24 hours) , and then trim any lifting corners if you see them with a nail cutter

5. firedogut macrumors regular

i have the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD. no lint either. key thing is after you put the shield on you need to put the phone down for 24 hours. i just used my old phone for a day.

during the 1st 24 hours the shield is still curing and tends to be a little tacky. that's why lint sticks to it.

this stuff is so cool. I've taken keys to it and tried to scratch up the back. nothing still clear as can be.

i have to admit i did not install it myself. i went to a Zagg installer at the local mall and paid an extra 10 bucks for him to do it. total cost as $34. it took him 25min to do a phone. I'm sure it would have taken me hours.