Does gaming on the MBP kill the overall battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Suno, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

This is probably a complete amateur question I know but I haven't received my MBP yet and I just want to take utmost precaution with it before using it.

I know taking care of the battery can become an arduous task with the MBP, with having to "exercise" it and whatnot, but I'm wondering what kind of effects it will have on the battery when it's consistently plugged in, forcing it to drain battery because of gaming? I know the power doesn't come completely from the adapter alone, for the same reason that having your adapter plugged in at all times is bad for the battery in the long run.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, it's not.

Worrying about your battery's life is pointless. In the end, you'll never be able to attribute your battery's longevity or lack thereof to a specific habit or recurring activity anyways. Use it how you want and replace it if it dies.

3. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

It'll naturally lessen it's life because it will be completing charge cycles faster than basic use. However, just use your laptop as you wish and enjoy it. The battery isn't going to be redundant for a very long time.