Does Gevey sim work well?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Jul 29, 2011.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I'm on 4.3.2 (with that default baseband), and when iOS 5 officially comes out, I might use Pwnagetool to preserve baseband.

I've read that the Gevey hole has been closed. But I'm not sure whether it's been closed in the firmware or the baseband.

Either way, I have 4.3.3 on SHSH backup.

I used to have a 1.59.00 iPhone 4 and used ultrasn0w in the Fall last year in Europe, worked well for the most part. Had to exchange the phone though, so that's no longer an option.

I hope I can use iOS 5, 4.3.2 baseband, and gevey still. Otherwise, might be SOL...

Does it work well though? Maybe if it doesnt work on iOS 5 all together, even with baseband preserved, I'll roll back to iOS 4 and use that for Europe.

Travelling again in about a month or two. Can't wait!

Anyways, does Gevey work well? No problems with it once you activate it/no problems with it physically being jammed in the SIM tray? thanks.

I always have a 3GS that's been unlocked, and on standby, but I need a new tray because I broke the other one (using microsim to SIM adapter)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The illegal Gevey SIM hack has been fixed in the iOS 5 firmware.

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Reading my previous post, you'll see I said firmware.

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

was just double checking. thanks.

Good to keep 4.3.3 on file then in case I need it.

ultrasn0w needs to step its game up.