Does having the US international keyboard lower the value of a MBP??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BaronvdB, Sep 10, 2009.

1. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

Hey Guys,

I'm trading my 15" MBP for a 13" MBP locally. When the seller emailed me pics I noticed the 13" has the international keyboard. The seller said it's basically the same as the US english keyboard but it just has a few extra keys. Is that right? Does anyone in the US use this keyboard? Is it a pain to use? and most importantly will I get less for it when I resell b/c it has this keyboard?

Prompt responses would be appreciated as I'm making the trade tomorrow unless this is a deal breaker. Below is a pic for your reference.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I cannot comment on how it may be a pain, looks like a learning experience that you should get used to fast but I doubt it lowers the value. What's the plug look like? That may be a deal breaker.

3. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Some people don't like the shrunk keys (Enter, Left shift come to mind).

4. BaronvdB thread starter macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

The plug is normal...the guy just moved to florida from boston....i'm not sure why he got the international keyboard in the first place but I'm guessing he's bilingual or something.

5. peetah macrumors member

All I have to say is that I wish mine came with the US international keyboard! :(

6. BaronvdB thread starter macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

Really? why is that?

7. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I've typed on a Japanese keyboard a couple times before, and it too has the small left shift. I found it annoying because any time I tried to use that key, I ended up missing it. I guess you could get used to it, but to me it would be annoying.

8. Nickisgodofmacs macrumors member

Nickisgodofmacs

I have this keyboard on my whitebook. For the first week it’s a pain but after that you love it more than anything especially the smaller enter. Although when you need to use a normal US keyboard, it is a major pain to use.

9. BaronvdB thread starter macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

I decided not to trade...It probably isn't a big deal but i'm a little too picky about stuff like that...too bad because it would have been a pretty fair trade as the 13" had applecare (so does my 15"), he was going to add $150 cash, and a mighty mouse (and I would keep my Leopard & iLife 09' disks)...oh well