Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I noticed that in iOS 9 the Medical ID card does not pull from weight entries in the Health app. It seems like it should do this automatically, rather than requiring us to update our medical ID.

BTW, does the activity app pull weight entries from Health to update the calories burned calculations that it does? If not, where can we update that weight so activity is using good data to estimate calories burned?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Yes and it did in iOS9 too.

EDIT: Now that I looked I'm not sure if it is still updating in iOS10. I just changed mine manually and will check tomorrow to see if it updates.

Last edited:

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014

EDIT: Now that I looked I'm not sure if it is still updating in iOS10. I just changed mine manually and will check tomorrow to see if it updates.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm on iOS 9 and the "Medical ID" tab weight section does not seem to pull from the weight information in the app. I'll check again, but mine does not seem to work like that.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio

My iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 9 doesn't update the weight in my Medical ID. I just weighed myself this morning, the new weight was added to Health, but the weight under Medical ID wasn't changed.

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
Just checked this on iOS 10, Health did get my weight update from MyFitnessPal this morning and it updated in the Body Measurement section. BUT...it did not update my weight under Medical ID.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I suspected this was the case. It seems to be an oversight, kind of annoying.

Any developers, please file a radar.

Thanks all for your answers.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Now that I think I may be confusing the :apple:Watch Health data with Medical ID.

However my weight was an uneven amount in Medical ID when I checked and not likely what I would have typed in. It may have been a feature in beta iOS9 that didn't make it into the release.

Unfortunately (or actually fortunately) may weight has been consistent within about a 5% max deviance my entire adult life so any differences are minor and I can't tell when it may have quite working if it did work.

Just to add I changed my weight in Medical ID and it has stayed the same and is off by about 2 lbs from last nights recorded (Withings) Weight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.