Does Home Sharing within the iOS Music app work?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Hashtag, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Hashtag macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Loading remote iTunes music libraries within the Music iOS app using Home Sharing has been a troublesome, unpredictable task ever since Apple released iOS 7. Has Home Sharing performance been improved in iOS 10?

#

2. Grafovich macrumors newbie

Grafovich

Confirm. I'am on 9.0.2 iPhone 5 & iPad 4, and home sharing is a real pain... Lets see how it does on ios 10

3. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

It's not something I do often, but so far I've not had an issue using iOS 10.

4. roma0803 macrumors newbie

Seems to work a bit better. With my +15.000 song library it always was an issue to load. It is quicker with iOS 10 so far.

5. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

Haven't really used it since iTunes Match released, but I tried it out right after I got the beta and it seems to work better than it used to. It's also easier to access, since there's a button on the Library screen now.

6. Hashtag thread starter macrumors newbie

That's great news! Thank you for posting your experiences.

7. macfacts macrumors 68000

macfacts

Thats the thing I don't understand. Why does it take it so long to "load" a song library that is shared via home sharing but if you use Apple's streaming service, the library will "load" faster. So inconsistent in performance.

8. cynics macrumors G3

Its always been hit and miss for me. I just had to reset the phone to keep the app from crashing while trying to load the home sharing library. Usually it just won't load and logging out and back into home sharing fixes it. I'd love to see the app work as intended. Thats my expectation level..."just work"...

9. Paco II macrumors 65816

With my 65,000 track library, Home Sharing continues to fail to load in iOS 10b1.