Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Do you have to have a Mac with Mavericks installed to be able to use iCloud Keychain on an iPhone at all?

A coworker has an iPhone 4S that he just updated to iOS 7.0.3 but he has not yet updated his Mac to Mavericks.

I have an iPhone 5 and have updated it as well as my Mac to Mavericks.

We both visited the same sites and on my phone it asked if I wanted to save the login info and on his 4S it did not ask.

We verified that we both have the same settings in Safari.

If this is true does that mean for Windows users iCloud Keychain is useless?

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
You do not need a Mac. And you do not even need to enable the iCloud keychain setting to save passwords. Do you both have "Names and Passwords" enabled in Safari settings?

One possible difference is that if you do not have a passcode enabled on your iPhone, the keychain will not ask to save passwords on sites that request passwords not be saved.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
We checked and he DOES have a lock screen pass code on his phone and Names & Passwords is turned on under Safari settings.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
The only other thing that I can think of would be to check under "Saved Passwords" to see if that site was marked "Not Saved" in the past.

Otherwise, it sounds like a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.