Does Icy Still Work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by -tWv-, May 20, 2010.

1. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I know the RipDev has closed it's doors recently, but their repo still seems to be up and I was able to download Icy which I think is a superior installer to Cydia. I used it when it first came out on my jailbroken ipod touch, but I haven't had another jailbroken device until now with my iphone 3GS. I liked how lightweight and fast it was, and was trying to find a way to get it back.

I have put in all the sources in that are I am currently using in Cydia and reloaded them, but Icy doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have let it sit for 20 minutes and it hasn't added anything to the application, just keeps indicating that it is trying to load the sources. Does anyone know if icy still works and still use it on their iphone or know where I can get a working .deb file to install Icy so I can use it as my main app installer? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Icy is not supported any more and its pretty much abandonded.
    I wouldnt bother with it unless you feel like restoring and JB your iphone again. I wouldnt say it was ever superior or even close to cydia IMO.
    The only 2 options available now that work with 3.0+ firmware is Cydia and Rock.

3. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

And Rock, quite frankly, sucks.

4. -tWv- thread starter macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I just liked the UI of Icy and the overall better performance. Cydia is just really slow and it annoys me to have to reload everything every time it opens. Oh well I guess I'll just stick with Cydia

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Big time :D

6. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

With the latest Cydia update, it only refreshes everything the first time you open it after you reboot.

7. pamon macrumors 6502

i stuck with cydia because it just works and is supported daily.