Does iLife bought in Japan have English menus?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kdum8, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

I just ordered iLife '09 from the Osaka store in Japan where I live, but it just occurred to me that there might be two different language software versions. Will I be able to change the menu system to English once it is installed? I know that the OS X language can be changed easily but does this also apply to iLife? Currently I have iLife '08.

Hope that makes sense.

2. LionsKiss macrumors member

Well, at worst you have to download the trial software (eng version) and use the serial key with your original iLife 09...I guess?

3. kdum8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdum8

so that would work right?

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

One sort of large problem with that is that Apple does not (as opposed to iWork) offer a trial version of iLife anywhere I have ever seen. :(

The software has all the language localizations built into it though, and will operate in the language that OSX was installed with on the OP's particular Mac, so no problems with language versions. The only slight problem is potentially any printed documentation, but that is usually minimal with iLife to say the least.

5. kdum8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Oh OK, well that's good then. I don't need the printed documentation, I can work it out for myself. Thanks for putting my mind at rest. :cool:

6. LionsKiss macrumors member

Yikes! Good you pointed that out...feel bad now :( but good to see that it will work out for the OP ;)