Does Image Capture support Photo Stream?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Polydactyl, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Polydactyl macrumors member

The answer appears to be no, but thought I'd ask just in case I missed something. I'm trying to find a way to get images on a non-iOS device (SD Card, camera, etc.) imported directly into Photo Stream. I just assumed Image Capture would allow this in 10.7.2, but it doesn't appear to.

I tried to do the same with Aperture, but it makes me put them in a project first. I'd rather review the pictures in Photo Stream first and then drag and drop them into the appropriate project or album.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Image Capture/Aperture to import pictures to Photo Stream and then the user gets to pick and choose which projects/albums they go into?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Image Capture is a simple image acquisition utility. It is not a photograph management app. Every application does not need every function to be useful. You have ample options for Photo Stream without bloating Image Capture.

3. Polydactyl thread starter macrumors member

I respectfully disagree.

Photo Stream is also not a Photo Management App. It's only purpose is to share picture between devices so they can be imported into a proper application for managing/editing/viewing photos.

Adding Photo Stream to the list of the *many* places Image Capture can save pictures is hardly bloat. Heck, one of the options for Image Capture is "Build a Web Page." Adding Photo Stream to that list seems kind of obvious.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Clearly you are not familiar enough with Image Capture to know that adding Photo Stream support would require substantial changes to the utility. For one thing, Image Capture does not automatically increment the name of scanned images. This would be a disaster for uploaded files.

5. Polydactyl thread starter macrumors member

OK, not incrementing image numbers would be a problem. That's a problem even without Photo Stream.

Anyway, I wasn't really looking for a debate on what Image Capture should or shouldn't do. All I'm really looking for is a 1-step process to get pictures from an SD card into Photo Stream.