Does iMessage Sync Deleting of Messages Across Devices?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by legaleye3000, Nov 2, 2014.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

If I delete a conversation on my iPhone, it does not delete on my iPad... Is it supposed to? Thanks.

2. Zxxv Suspended

3. cynics macrumors G4

I can verify it does not delete message off my Mac when I clear them from my phone. I actually prefer this behavior (so expect apple to change it right?).

4. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Like others have said, it does not.

I for one would like for the messages to sync completely and that means deleting everywhere when I delete them on one device.

5. russ472 macrumors member

I was going to open a thread about this exact thing. I really wish apple would give the option to sync text deleting.

6. ttmrn macrumors regular

and when that happens, u'll have another group of pple who will rant and hate it.
    much like the photo issue. photostream vs camera roll.

n guess what, in the end, they brought camera roll back (the ability to be able to delete photos without affecting all the others photos in the other devices). [almost akin to wanting to delete the messages and have it sync across all devices]

7. Allograft macrumors regular

+1 for the option to sync delete across devices

8. venividivigor macrumors 6502

Apple should do what they do with iBooks, when you want to delete a book on one device, it prompts you whether to just delete it there or across all devices.