Does installing programs from App Store reboot your iPhone when done?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moviecouple, Aug 6, 2008.

1. moviecouple macrumors regular

I have had two 3G iPhones so far. The first one was all messed up and I returned it on Sunday and got a new 16gb 3G iPhone. This ones seems to work perfectly, but I have a question that I hope someone can shed a light on.

When I have my iPhone connected to iTunes via PC... I will download an App from the App Store. It downloads fine with no problems whatsoever into iTunes. I will then go ahead and Sync my iPhone to install that App into the iPhone. It shows it completes the installation and then my iPhone shuts down and reboots. It then takes longer (5-8 minutes) to reboot than it normally does. This happends with ANY and ALL apps I try to install. Doesn't matter if it is a game, productivity, health, or whatever. It does this whether I install 1 app or 5 apps.

Does this happen to everyone? Is this normal?

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Not normal. Try to restore your phone in iTunes or call Apple or something.

3. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Maybe the battery is low ?

just a wild guess...

4. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

not usually, but sometimes this has happened to me

5. moviecouple thread starter macrumors regular

Battery is full and I have restored it once already and not using my backup... a fresh restore I guess.

6. moviecouple thread starter macrumors regular

It only does it on Apps. Movies, Music, Podcasts and everything else from iTunes download and Sync without this issue.