Does invisible shield fix antenna issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darels, Jul 31, 2011.

1. darels macrumors member

hi, i own an iphone 4 and i used all these cases and bumpers not to fix my antenna issue but just to protect my iphone, as i thought antenna isn't such a big problem, now i replaced my case with a pouch and i am getting frustrated with trying hold iphone "in a right way", as i noticed that it really matters to signal strength. Just wondering can invisible shield fix antenna issue?

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

3. EddyP macrumors 6502

I assume you mean the Zagg protection film.

I am not familiar with the Zagg's iPhone 4 shield. But if it covers the metal bands on the side, it should "fix" the antenna issue just as a bumper does.

As long as there is something to prevent your finger from "completing the circuit" at the magic gap.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

if your shield only covers the front and back, you will not see improvement. If you cover the metal sides, you will. I use mine naked and personally don't have issues with my antenna but maybe I'm just "holding it right" :)p) to begin with.

5. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

We call this the "magic" gap, because Apple, with all their billions, couldn't foresee that this would be a problem. :p

6. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I honestly have rocked my iP4 naked since i got it and i haven't once gotten a signal loss.

7. darels thread starter macrumors member

I faced with that only when i moved on uk 3 network, i actually lived in another country and hadn't any problems even i didn't use a case and was "holding it wrong" but when i changed the carrier, it happened, i really don't know why, anyway, thanks for help.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Same here.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yup, hasn't really behaved any differently than cell phones I've owned over the last 10 years.

10. EddyP macrumors 6502

:D

I really wonder if part of the reason they missed this was because they tested the 4 disguised as a 3GS.

I know Apple still sells a ton of iPhones. But surely the antenna issue caused some people to at least try a Droid. With the supposed photo of the 5 in the wild, I am curious if they are testing them without a disguise this time.