Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bladery

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
this would be awesome!
[doublepost=1465851037][/doublepost]Please anyone ;-)

enthusiastic

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2013
Can anyone please try "Reduce Motions" in the Accessibility section and see if that has the same effect as it does in iOS 9? Thanks.

Reactions: pratax2

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah, the opening and closing of apps has a much quicker animation now. Everything else seems to be about the same speed. Overall, unusually smooth for a first beta!
With all the continued animation complaints when it came to iOS 9 I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this.

Bladery

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
With all the continued animation complaints when it came to iOS 9 I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this.

Yeah me too! But probably most of them don't have the beta.
I'll wait for the public beta too and will see!
But I cannot understand why they don't allow input while animations!

Costee

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2011
Budapest
This was the first thing I tried after updating but unfortunately the animations are not interruptible. It's a shame that no one at Apple realized that they made a bad choice with iOS 7 in this regard.

Reactions: Bathplug and na1577

Elence

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015
Toronto, ON
This was the first thing I tried after updating but unfortunately the animations are not interruptible. It's a shame that no one at Apple realized that they made a bad choice with iOS 7 in this regard.

I did hear once by one of iOS developers that interruptible animation is much harder to implement (he was referring to iOS 6 unlock animation where you could swipe instantly), so that might be the reason Apple decided not to bother with it. They are too busy implementing gazillion of new emojies anyways.

I think they are partially addressing it with much faster open/close animations in iOS 10. Thats said, multitasking input blocking was just awful in iOS9, so we'll see what they do here with public release of iOS 10.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Well actually I don't think it's any faster, they just added a blur effect.

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I think they are partially addressing it with much faster open/close animations in iOS 10. Thats said, multitasking input blocking was just awful in iOS9, so we'll see what they do here with public release of iOS 10.

That one is fixed in iOS 10, as well. In addition, you can now cancel an app from opening while it is still animating open (using the home button), and you can page through the contents of a folder while it animates open.

Bladery

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
However, you cannot swipe when you unlock the home screen or leave an app... Then you're still stucked in the animation! In ios6 and earlier it was possible!

OGPrince

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2016
Florida, USA
However, you cannot swipe when you unlock the home screen or leave an app... Then you're still stucked in the animation! In ios6 and earlier it was possible!
But in your opinion, do you think that animations have generally improved? I can deal with input blocking on at least the home screen transition

Elence

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015
Toronto, ON
That one is fixed in iOS 10, as well. In addition, you can now cancel an app from opening while it is still animating open (using the home button), and you can page through the contents of a folder while it animates open.

Very good news. Folder behaviour (in iOS9) without being able to swipe right away was ridiculous. Once iOS 10 has a stable build we'll enjoy much better interaction, it seems.

Bladery

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
But in your opinion, do you think that animations have generally improved? I can deal with input blocking on at least the home screen transition

Yeah, indeed apple improved it but there is still a longer way to go!

Reactions: OGPrince
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.