Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
I have had this problem at least three times during iOS 10, where my phone seems to stop syncing to iCloud. When I go launch the iCloud Drive app, I don't see files I recently added from my Mac. I sometimes like to work on-the-go and this is extremely frustrating. I have also noticed iBooks not updating with books I've added on my Mac. But not all iCloud related gets broken, e.g. iMessage works flawless.
Restarting the phone doesn't help, instead I have to disable and enable iCloud, and press 100 buttons when iOS asks if I want to keep or delete local data.

Does anyone know, either from the WWDC talks or from personal testing, if iOS 11 works better to always be in sync with iCloud? I know they're renaming iCloud Drive to Files and gave it a new UI, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they changed the underlying architecture. If it doesn't improve I'll have to move to Google Drive, but I rather stay with iCloud.

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2009
I do not have the problem you're describing. iCloud Drive is, and has been, rock-solid for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.