Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
A80CFFB0-F616-4723-A273-B6939625D183.png

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Odd. I don't have the dynamic wallpaper anymore. Or I can't seem to locate it. I am on IP13pro max with IOS 16RC. Version 20A362

Reactions: decypher44

GIBBI

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2018
I want to use this one as homescreen background but a photo of my daughter as lockscreen picture, is it right that this is not possible anymore or am I just to stupid to find this Settings.

Everytime I want to change the lockscreen picture I can’t find a way to use a dynamic wallpaper for my homescreen…

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I want to use this one as homescreen background but a photo of my daughter as lockscreen picture, is it right that this is not possible anymore or am I just to stupid to find this Settings.

Everytime I want to change the lockscreen picture I can’t find a way to use a dynamic wallpaper for my homescreen…
That doesn't seem to be an option. Wallpapers in iOS 16 could still use a bit of work IMO.

Reactions: GIBBI

GIBBI

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2018
That doesn't seem to be an option. Wallpapers in iOS 16 could still use a bit of work IMO.
Yes… they should at least offer the option to pick the default backgrounds when you click at „photos“ if you want a different Homescreen background and not just photos from your iPhone.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
This is incredibly awful. I want a custom photo from my library on my lock screen, and a stock wallpaper on my home screen. Apple has decided that they know better than me and I cannot do that anymore.

It's been two minutes and I immediately regret upgrading.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
It appears if you have two custom photos, you can separate those. But yeah, if you want to use any of the stock/built-in collections, there's no way to split it up.

First world problem for sure... but what a cluster.

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

aMmOOooR

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2008
Egypt
No.

I only got lucky that it was my wallpaper before I upgraded so it stayed there, can't customize clock font or anything though on this wallpapr, whenever I tap "Customize" I only can add a new wallpaper and then get all the customizations. Back to this one, I'm only stuck with the bold clock font.

And because all dynamic/live wallpapers are gone, I believe if I delete it I won't have it back.

:-( Disappointed.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
No.

I only got lucky that it was my wallpaper before I upgraded so it stayed there, can't customize clock font or anything though on this wallpapr, whenever I tap "Customize" I only can add a new wallpaper and then get all the customizations. Back to this one, I'm only stuck with the bold clock font.

And because all dynamic/live wallpapers are gone, I believe if I delete it I won't have it back.

:-( Disappointed.
Did you even read the thread? It's definitely still there in iOS 16.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.