Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QWK SVT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I have an iPhone 3G, and have regretted loading ios 4 since the day it came out... The lag is, at times, unbearable. Despite rebooting at least once per day, I often am able to type full sentences before the screen catches up, and have situations where the screen “freezes” for 15+ seconds. I know I’m not the only one experiencing this, and since I won’t be in a position to download the new o/s for a couple of days anyway, maybe someone can confirm if it’s worth it… Does ios 4.0.1 address this, at all?

Thanks in advance.

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
I have an iPhone 3G, and have regretted loading ios 4 since the day it came out... The lag is, at times, unbearable. Despite rebooting at least once per day, I often am able to type full sentences before the screen catches up, and have situations where the screen “freezes” for 15+ seconds. I know I’m not the only one experiencing this, and since I won’t be in a position to download the new o/s for a couple of days anyway, maybe someone can confirm if it’s worth it… Does ios 4.0.1 address this, at all?

Thanks in advance.
The firmware update adresses the signal bars only. 3G lag is horrible, I agree. I played around with my co-workers and was very very happy that I had upgraded.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
OMFG...update "fixes" BARS ONLY like it said on the screen when you updated.

3G lag is caused by an old phone and old processor that can't handle the new software....all 3G's will do this and should have never been included as part of the "upgrade" to OS4....yes...it's Apple's fault and they should offer a way to go back down for 3G users.

I just gave mine to my son to use as an iTouch....:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.