Does iOS 4.3.5 fix lag issues of 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gslrider, Aug 7, 2011.

1. gslrider, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

gslrider macrumors 6502

gslrider

Before I updated to 4.3.3, I've been using 4.1 on my iP4 for 8 months. Finally decided to update to 4.3.3 from 4.1, and have been experiencing lag issues like it's going it's on liquidation sale. I've tried all tips, from rebooting the phone, to restoring phone as new. Lags still there. Swiping from page to page, launching, and quitting, even swiping the bar to wake from sleep has to be done 2 or 3 times before it does what it's suppose to do, or there is a 3-4 second delay before it does it.

If anyone has/is experiencing this with 4.3.3, can you tell me if 4.3.5 has fixed this (if you've updated that is), or you don't notice it anymore.

I'm actually afraid to update to 4.3.5, with iOS 5 just around the corner. Conspiracy thinking or not, the update before a major iOS release seems to always mess up people's iPhones pretty good. You know, kind of like "encouraging" them to update to the latest iOS, hoping that it may fix their current issues. I'm also a little apprehensive in updating to iOS 5, due to a very, very, very bad experience for 4 months and 4 iP 3GS later after upgrading to iOS 4. In the last couple of years, I've just learned to jump on updates or upgrades right away. And in my experience, am glad I don't (except with iOS 4). I haven't even upgraded to Lion. Been hearing a lot of unhappy experiences about that. But that's another story and thread. ;-)

Thanks.

2. zzz1 macrumors newbie

If you have a jailbreak and you want to keep it, do not update to 4.3.5 . You can only jailbreak tethered on 4.3.5 which is a pain. And they aren't going to release an untethered b/c IOS 5 is right around the corner, and they don't want Apple to patch it. God I talk too much..

That aside, from my experiences with 4.3.3, I had noticed a slight increase of lag at times.

Is it a tremendous anount of lag? Because if it makes you feel uncomfortable, you can always downgrade to your previous Firmware if you backed it up or something.

3. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

Thanks for the info zzz1. My phone isn't jailbroken, haven't really had any interest in doing so. Some days are worse than others. When every thing, all day is just laggy. 3-4 second delays. Other times it's periodic during the day. Not sure why this is, but then again, all my iPhones (except for my very first 3GS running 3.1.2), have always acted up after every upgrade. Its tolerable, but can be pretty annoying at times. Just wanted to see if 4.3.5 has alleviated the lag issues, or if it has made things worse or no-change. I'll just have to make do until iOS 5 and the iP5 comes out. Hopefully, Apple has learned from their mistakes and have fixed all the issues.

4. Slayter macrumors regular

Slayter

I know it's a late reply, but nevertheless, ios 4.3.x is one of the worst ios updates ever( I have experienced ios from verdion 2.0).
    4.2.1 worked like a charm even on 3gs, but from 4.3.x lagging, slowdowns, application stuck or fail( even original Apple ones!).
    Photo app messed up. Slide to unlock lag hasnt been fixed from 4.3 to 4.3.5.
    This is also bad on ipad 2. It's the rather joke than update. :mad:
    I have tested it on 2 iphone 4, one ipad 2.

Lets hope ios 5 will be better.

5. gslrider thread starter macrumors 6502

gslrider

I hope that Apple learned from their mistake(s) with iOS 4 and the 3G(S). That the transition from iOS 4.x to iOS 5 will be a much smoother one. And that older iPhones won't have the processor slowdown/crashing issues (cross fingers). I haven't bothered to up date to 4.3.5 for the chance it may make things worse on my phone. Especially with iOS 5 a couple of weeks away. In fact, I haven't updated anything from Apple in a while. I hear to many negative things about updates from Apple. I'm going by the thought, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. In this case, if all is working fine don't bother to update. My faith in Apple to produce reliable products isn't as strong as it used to be.