iPhone Does iOS 7.0 have SSL problems?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LaynieGorilla, Mar 23, 2014.

1. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

I had to replace my phone today and the software on the new phone is 7.0. Was 7.0.4 the only software with the security risk or was it iOS 7 as a whole before the update? If not is 7.0 worth staying on for a jailbreak or did it have a lot of problems? I can't quite remember.

Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, iOS 6.0 through 7.0.5 have a flawed SSL implementation.

3. darricksailo, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014

darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

if you want a jailbreak, staying on 7.0 will be your only option. i'm not sure if factory iOS versions are okay to be jailbroken

if you do jailbreak on 7.0, make sure to install SSLPatch from cydia. as intell said, 6.0 up to 7.0.5 and including the jailbreakable 7.1 betas (with the exception of 6.1.6) are all vulnerable to the SSL bug

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. LaynieGorilla thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks.

The anyone actually know how safe the ssl patch is? I know it clear with gotofail.com but I read somewhere that it might not be safe when accessing cydia, but I can't pull up where I read it at. Is that true? I am curious because it might just be best to update to 7.1 to prevent any risks.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The patch is completely safe. By nature of the jailbreak, Cydia is not patched. But the only things that use SSL within Cydia are signing into your Amazon or Google account to buy paid things. Just do those things over cellular data or on your own secured wireless network.

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I apologize! Must've mixed it up with another post

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No problem. He's a great person to be mistaken for.