Does iOS 7 fix the 4S Wifi problem?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DaveTheRave, Jul 28, 2013.

1. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

My 4s running 6.1.3 lately has been dropping Wifi in my home, even though all other devices in the house have no problem connecting to my Airport Extreme. Very frustrating and wasn't always like this. Hoping iOS7 fixes this.

2. viperGTS macrumors 65816

The Wi-Fi antenna in your 4S is most likely failing. My 4S on 6.1.2 connects to Wi-Fi just fine.

3. DaveTheRave thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any idea what causes it to fail? This is the first I've ever heard of an antenna failing. Interesting considering its not yet 2 years old.

4. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Have you tried a restore? My iPad was having similar issues a while back and a restore fixed them.

5. viperGTS macrumors 65816

No clue, sorry. My 4S before the one I currently have had it's Wi-Fi fail 2 days after I got it. The one I have now is perfect. :)

6. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

I have a 4S and have had no issues whatsoever in wifi. I just recently upgraded my Router to the new Airport Extreme with 802.11 AC in anticipation for the next/newest iPhone to have that wifi capability, but regardless, i have had 0 issues with wifi on my 4S.

7. chrfr macrumors 603

As with the other posters, no wifi issues with my 4S at all, in any version of iOS. It's currently on 6.1.3.

8. DaveTheRave thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do you guys think this is worthy of a trip to an Apple store to ask a genius?

9. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

You could. But you may have to pay if you device is outside the warranty period.

10. remoteONE macrumors newbie

C,mon guys! What's the point of posting if you DON'T have the problem.
    This wifi problem is well reported on this and other forums including the apple forum. My personal experience is:
    1. Wifi working perfectly with ios4
    2. update to iOS 6
    3. Wifi sensitivity very low and wont see the SSID unless very close to the AP.
    4. Subsequent iOS 6.xx version updates have not fixed it.

The question remains :
    Does iOS7 fix the wifi issue caused by ios6.?
    Please if you don't have a problem and/or answer, what's the point of posting?
    I'm personally not updating unless the issue is fixed!
    Waiting until the Ubuntu Edge is released.

11. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Had a wifi issue on my original 4S, got it switched last fall and my new one never drops.

----------

If it's not working on 6.0, you mine as we'll upgrade and see if 7.0 fixes it, you have nothing to lose.