Does iOS 8 have full Bluetooth support?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by roadbloc, Jun 12, 2014.

1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Just a question for those of you that have used iOS 8 so far, does it have full Bluetooth support? Can you send files over Bluetooth at last? Or is it still locked down to Bluetooth audio only?

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Nope. Neither sending nor receiving are supported via standard BT file transfer. (Tested on my iPad3, sending a photo from my Nokia 808.)

We'll still need to use JB tweaks.

3. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

Lame :(

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

This is Apple...

5. scrmtrey macrumors regular

scrmtrey

LoL in which century u live ? Like 100 years before jesus i guess :)

Afcourse it has "full bluetooth support". For file sharing, you have better services than using bluetooth. I am surprised you didn't ask if IOS8 add IR receiver to an apple devices.:cool:

6. angrybird2411, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

angrybird2411 macrumors newbie

I think it ios 8 is the latest operating system of Apple, this version definitely has full support of the necessary features for users.

7. ProphetX macrumors 6502

This made me spit my coffee out lol.

8. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

How else am I meant to locally transfer pictures and music to my friends?

9. scrmtrey macrumors regular

scrmtrey

Pictures via airdrop or iMessage or even mail. But for music, it is forbidden because of copyrights law and stuff (the same from the first iPhone).

I didn't share music with my friend like that in ages. Just tell them the name of album or songs and you are done. Don't worry how will they get it, I'm sure it will be a legal path (yeah right).

10. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

You missed where the poster said "locally" as in not through a Server (Mail, iMessage, SMS). AirDrop works if it's iOS to Mac/iOS but not to any other device (Windows PC, Android).

Also, I'm in a band and make my own music. I put MY original songs on my iPhone. It would be nice to share my songs via Wifi or Bluetooth.

Jeez...Not everything is about piracy.

11. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

All useless without an iphone or an internet connection. I need local, cross compatible file transfer and bluetooth provides that. It's a big shame the iphone is alienating itself from this still.

It's cool. I won't bother getting an iphone yet.

12. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

*yawn*

Best luck communicating / sending even a d@mn photo between an Android / Symbian / Blackberry / Windows Phone 8 phone / tablet and your iPhone...

----------

Just remember: as soon as it gets JB, Airblue Sharing will work and provides you the missing file exchange functionality. (Assuming it is compatible with iOS8. Hope it will be.) It's working wonderfully on all iOS versions up to 7 together with my, say, Nokia 808.

----------

Was this from a TV ad? You can't seriously mean iOS8 has everything users having used other mobile OS'es (with their, at times, vastly enhanced features like file sending over BT, windowed multitasking etc) can ask for...

13. scrmtrey macrumors regular

scrmtrey

Now everyone think it is apple fault. Think out of the box. Why neither one of you, blame other phone makers, for not able to share files with iPhone? :D

But it is easier to blame Apple, i see. :) And good luck with jailbreak for iOS8. ;)

14. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

*yawn*

1. They do have a full BT stack in OS X. They could have easily ported it to iOS.

2. they're the ONLY major smarpthone manufacturer NOT to have decent BT in their handsets.

15. roadbloc, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014

roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

It is Apple's fault (who else's can it be?) and it is 2014. Full bluetooth support should really have made it into iOS by now. All other phone makers can do this. Apple is the only ones who seem to be unable to for some reason.

16. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

They aren't unable (again, porting the OS X BT stack would be really easy) - they are unwilling.