Does iOS4 do these things yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigddybn, Jul 24, 2010.

1. bigddybn macrumors member

First of all settle down. This isn't an "attack" thread. I've had both the 3G and 3GS and I loved them both but there were a few deal killers I couldn't get over. Does the new OS version do these things now?

1. Per contact text messaging tones

I think this is a big no still as you couldn't even change the tones without jailbreaking and even then it was just a poor workaround. I work in a public safety capacity and get pages throughout the day via text. I want these to be audibly obvious vs the typical blabber from my wife. Can the iPhone do this yet even if it means a jailbroken app?

2. Threaded text messaging via email.

I think this one is an ATT issue. The above pages are actually emailed to me. While the iphone obviously threads regular text no problem the emailed version it does not. Each message comes with a unique "from" number that changes with each message. So if I have an event that generate 20 pages what I see is 20 individual conversations that I have to read one by one by one. This gets OLD fast.

3. Password protected PDFs in email

My payroll stubs are emailed to be as password locked PDF. Can iphone open them now? It seems like it would either not prompt for password or would display blank document. Anyone else get these via email? Do they work?

4. Auto connect VPN

One of the few things I missed from an old windows mobile phone was the ability to tag certain subnets as "work" meaning the phone would automatically connect to a designated VPN server when a connection was attempted to one of these subnets. Does the new OS have anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

1. No
    2. No
    3. No
    4. Depends on your setup, mostly no.