Does iOS6 Beta3 works on non-developers iphones like beta1?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by krdnha, Jul 19, 2012.

1. krdnha macrumors newbie

I've a question... ios6 beta 1 worked on iphone4 without a developer account, but now beta1 is out and my question is if beta 3 works too.

2. Fiko macrumors member

3. krdnha thread starter macrumors newbie

I tryed it and get a message that mi iphone is not from a developer.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If you follow the official instructions then every device must be a registered developer or it will not activate.
    If you don't follow the official instructions then registration is not required.

5. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Beta 1 expired.

7. ben824 macrumors regular

I am currently running beta 3 on my iPhone 4S Non-Dev. I followed the instructions online on how to download the beta .ipsw file and use the special instructions to force install of the .ipsw file of the beta iOS6 onto a non-dev device. Sense then I have found that if you want to put iOS6 on your non-dev device you need to download the latest beta .ipsw file (beta 3 for this instance) as an expired beta will not install and will kick back an error for not having a registered device. Once the latest beta has installed, the next beta update can be installed without problems via Over The Air update straight on the device. I recommend making and immediate backup on your computer following the update so if anything should happen you can restore your phone if something were to happen. DO NOT attempt to restore without using a computer that has the latest beta .ipsw file saved on it. It WILL give you an error and saying that your device is a non-dev device. If you have a problem and plan to restore for any reason make sure you have the latest beta .ipsw and a back-up made from your device with the latest beta running. Old beta back-ups will not work and you will not be able to revert to an expired beta to restore from the expired beta back-up.

So to sum all this up, Yes you can run the latest beta 3 on a non-dev device following the instructions found online to do so (Note: expired betas will NOT install onto a non-dev device.) Yes, you can update to a new beta fine on your device via Over The Air update right from the device when it is released. Make sure to make back-ups of your device along the way and to download the latest beta .ipsw file from the internet to have on hand just incase of necessary restore.