Does iPad Pro 11" software keyboard seem unresponsive at times?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thadoggfather, Dec 5, 2018.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

2. Rck1984 macrumors regular

Rck1984

Ive noticed this on my iPad before also.

I’m basically using my keyboard folio all the time now, so I’m not bothered by it but its definitely annoying when typing on the onscreen keyboard.

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

you have the 11" as well?

12.1.1 came out, not noted in bugfixes, but I wonder if that addresses it.

Its interesting the amazon user reviewer said they swapped their unit and had the same thing going on...

4. Rck1984 macrumors regular

Rck1984

I own a 12.9”

It sure looks like a software issue, doubt its a hardware failure.
    I’ll update and see if it sorts the issue out.

5. thadoggfather, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

thanks! i'd appreciate it!

i do know even though the amazon review said 'I have 9.7 ipads on 12.1 as well and no issue' doesnt necessarily mean hardware issues by isolation alone

sometimes there are software bugs specific to new hardware since they are ironing out the kinks. I've seen it before in other forms with new iPhones for bugs that arent present on older iPhones with same iOS version

this is a frustrating intermittent problem though considering my 11" replaced my 9.7" iPP which I no longer have for consumption purposes... I'm floating around the idea of just using my 12.9" 2017 exclusively for a while without a second iPad and waiting it out, $699 is still a lot for a play device on the 11", but i dunno...

its almost like Apple doesnt have users try out their products before they are released. They just make sure hardware can be mass produced, they make sure software doesnt brick the device, and thats about it?