Does ipad2 still have yellow screen issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by redrum42, Apr 7, 2012.

1. redrum42 macrumors member

After multiple iPad 3s with terribly uneven and yellow screens I finally decided just to cut my losses and buy and iPad 2. Unfortunately my new iPad 2 has a screen which whilst uniform, has an overall yellow cast in comparison to my friends nice white iPad 2 screen. I'd rather not return this unit if possible, because it is the first one I have got with a uniform color cast, and uniformity is more important to me than neutrality.

So, I remember that the iPad 2 had yellow screen issues due to glue drying that resolved themselves over time when they first came out. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Should I expect my new iPad (manufactured recently in April) to whiten over time, or did I just get a bad unit which I should swap?

Thanks for any advice!

2. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

There were iPad 2 with Samsung screens yes. Most were LG though, chanes are when you swap it out you'll be right as rain. :eek:

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Depends on how much of an OCD you are. Most people have never had an issue with this at all.

NOTE: I said MOST people did not have an issue. 1% of a couple million is not most people.

4. redrum42 thread starter macrumors member

Nothing OCD about it; clear difference next to other iPad 2s in normal lighting conditions. I was asking about people's experience with yellow displays whitening over time, not whether I was being rational or not.

5. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity