Does iphone 3G case = iphone 3GS case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattwolfmatt, Jun 23, 2009.

1. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Simple question but haven't heard it discussed. A quick search doesn't show me much (I'm sure SOME smart allick will say "Hey buddy, search first" then provide me with 54 links to vast threads on this.)

Any insights? Is it true 3GS and 3G are identical in appearance, therefore any cases (silicone, etc) would fit interchangeably?

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

3. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

the black incase slider that fit perfectly on my 3G did not fit quite so perfectly on my 3GS. I bought a gun metal version and it fits fine. I also bought a matte charcoal version that also does not fit perfectly. could just be variances in the cases.

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

my matte charcoal slider has a gap where it closes...wonder if its the matte incase sliders since the metallic one you have and the metallic red i have, work fine

yes OP, all cases should work with no problems though

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I thought the same thing.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I wouldn't base any judgment about this off of the Incase slider. I loved the sliders for my original iPhone but the ones for the 3G have had issues since day one (Literally. I went through several replacements before I just gave up.)

The short and short of it is yes, cases for the 3G will (should :rolleyes:) fit the 3GS.