Does iPhone 4 Incase Slider work with full body skin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ferris23, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have a matte skin on the back and sides so it's not tacky like regular skins and a regular screen shield on the front.

Will this work with the new slider?

Thanks

2. chanerz macrumors 6502a

3. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Crap. Didn't think so but thought I read it may work.

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Didn't work for me. I had a protector on the back, vinyl wrap around the sides, and tried a multitude of protectors on the front (SGP Oleo, Ultra Fine, non-branded, etc.) and not once could I get the front to not bubble. I've done just a back protector and the vinyl wraps and it's a tight fit but it works. If I use just the wraps to prevent the sides from scratching and no other protectors that seems to work Ok

5. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

What if I put a wet install skin on the front instead of a static shield? Still too tight?

Thanks

6. Atenza6 macrumors member

Some youtuber named metagamers made a video on this case and he had a skin on the back and regular screen protector on front. The case fit his phone fine with no bubbles.

7. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well I tried and failed. So now I just have a skin on the front and the slider. I love the case so it was worth taking the back and side skins off. Not to mention I have spares.

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I think you may have to use a knife and remove the rubber friction rail to get anything to work with this case. I can state factually that DecalGirl skins will not work.

9. oChaos Nine macrumors newbie

I had the Phantom Skinz carbon sides and back on and bought the slider over the weekend. Wouldn't go on with the sides so I removed the sides and it worked with just the back but it was really tight. Took a bit of work to slide it back off and it left impressions on the back skin. I decided to remove the back skin and it fits great now but I need a screen protector that won't peel up with the slider.

10. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I have just a vinyl wrap on the sides and the case works fine. However I would like to use a screen protector but I get the sense that even if I take off the wraps, the protector will still bubble. The fact that I can't use a screen protector is disappointing and is the main reason I think I might return the case.

11. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yeah, the main issue with this case is the bubbling of the front screen shields. I have been pretty successful with an SGP oleo and SGP EX crystal. By pretty successful, I mean that they do occasionally bubble a little bit, but not all the time. There does seem to be just the slightest amount of give with this case, and I guess that sometimes the phone gets shifted around just enough so that the front lip of the case applies just the wrong amount of pressure to the screen shield and causes it to bubble up. I don't know. :confused: But I do just love how this case feels and looks on the phone. Can't be beat right now by the other cases that are out there.

12. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Agreed. That's exactly why I like the case. I purchased a Waterfield Suede Jacket so that I could put the phone (inside this case) in the jacket and that would reduce the dust that might normally accumulate when in my pocket. Don't know how practical this will be but if it doesn't work out I guess the case will have to go back.

On a somewhat unrelated note, has anybody had any experience with InCase customer service? I've emailed them twice now (once last week and once yesterday) about returning products for refunds and received no response.

13. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well screw this case. I took the skin off the back of my phone and it ended up scratching the back of my phone.

I actually exchanged my phone because of a speaker issue I was having but just a heads up. Feel your slider before you put your phone in it. Mine had some rough spots that I didn't noticed and put a 2 inch scratch right down the back.

I was ****ing pissed but I knew it was going back anyway, still inexcusable.