Does iPhone 6 Airplay video work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HiRez, Sep 21, 2014.

1. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I've got a 2nd gen Apple TV and I cannot get Airplay to play videos (recorded in the phone) off my iPhone 6. I can connect fine, and I can see the phone mirrored, but no video will play (mirrored or not). Have tried regular video (which might be a problem because it's at 1080p/60 and my ATV only supports 720p?), but also slo-mo video, which should be 720p/30 and should be playable on the ATV.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Had a friend complain about this. Then I had trouble too.

I think this is a "waiting for 8.1" situation. (And an Apple TV update too, maybe.)

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

2nd generation Apple TV won't get an update. The update was only for 3rd generation Apple TVs.

4. strausd macrumors 68030

I've had tons of problems with it too. I pretty much only use an Apple TV for Plex. And it is hit or miss. I get errors all the time. My Chromecast is more consistent at 1/3rd the price. But I did also try playing back some videos I recorded onto the Apple TV and it wouldn't work.

5. HiRez thread starter macrumors 603

HiRez

When you buy a new phone you want to think you're adding features, not removing them. So it's a bummer when something that worked on your 3 year old phone no longer does. Hopefully a software fix coming.