Does iPhone 6 Plus need a screen skin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Zetaprime, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

Does the iPhone 6 Plus need a screen skin? Or is the glass perhaps more scratch-resistant than the 5s? I had a skin on my 5s, but I always found it annoying with bubbles, not-so-smooth texture, and a tendency to peel up on the bottom by the home button and collect lint underneath. I already have the $50 leather case which Apple was good enough to throw in for free after a complained to them about the screwups in the pre-order process which kept me from getting my phone until today, when I really ought to have been able to get it on Sept. 19 based on when I went online to order it. I normally keep it in my pocket with the screen facing inward so the screen gets maximum protection and avoids contact with keys or other objects in that pocket.

Beyond the shortcomings of screen skins once applied, there is also the issue of applying the damn thing, which is always a difficult process, made all the more so by the increased size of the Plus. I usually opt to have someone at the store do that for me since they have a lot more experience putting the things on and it's worth a few extra bucks to have them do it. I wasted a number of skins in the past when trying to do it myself.

2. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Buy a nice quality screen protector or a tempered glass one - I'd always recommend one (actually got a hairline scratch on my 6 while waiting for my screen protector).

3. Zetaprime thread starter macrumors 65816

Evidently, the tempered glass one from Zagg is getting good reviews in this forum.

4. Zetaprime thread starter macrumors 65816

Just went to the store and got me the Zagg tempered glass. Looks great on the phone..like it came that way from the factory. Thanks for the tip here in the forum. Now my phone is fully protected.

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

Avoid the regular 'film based' protectors and spring for the Zagg tempered glass this time. You'll be glad you did ...

6. Zetaprime thread starter macrumors 65816

As you can see in the prior post I did just that.

7. kaylerrific macrumors regular

I think it just depends. I do use one because my nails are longer and I'm afraid they'll scratch the screen.

8. Cnasty macrumors 68030

Cnasty

Anyone have issues with the Zagg and the Apple Leather case raising the screen protector?

Looking for a screen protector that can work with that specific case.

9. Zetaprime thread starter macrumors 65816

The case doesn't touch the screen protector at any point, so there's zero risk of that happening. Looking at my phone there's at least 1mm or 2 between the screen protector and the case all the way around, and the bottom of the case is mostly open to allow for the speakers and charging plug.