Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Does anybody know if the 6s Plus still downscales the resolution from 2208x1242 to 1080p. I heard this caused performance to be slow compared on the 6 Plus compared to the 6, but there is no confirmation anywhere that the 6s Plus does this as well.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Yes it does. As someone who's tinkered with a 6s+ while jailbroken, you can eliminate the majority of hiccups by changing the resolution to native. This allows the device to run without being downscaled and improves overall performance.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
My 6S+ is JB'd on 9.0.2; how would I go about doing this? Thanks.
Download either "Upscale" (free tweak, forgot the package) or "LittleBrother" (paid, on Bigboss) and change the resolution to 1242x2208 (or 621x1104 For LittleBrother). It doesn't look that much different, but performance is improved overall.

Be very careful using Upscale, since inputting the wrong values can cause the device to not turn on, forcing either a restore or SSHing into the device. LittleBrother is safer, since it uses substrate and you can always boot into no substrate if you make a mistake.

Reactions: Peter K.

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
Download either "Upscale" (free tweak, forgot the package) or "LittleBrother" (paid, on Bigboss) and change the resolution to 1242x2208 (or 621x1104 For LittleBrother). It doesn't look that much different, but performance is improved overall.

Be very careful using Upscale, since inputting the wrong values can cause the device to not turn on, forcing either a restore or SSHing into the device. LittleBrother is safer, since it uses substrate and you can always boot into no substrate if you make a mistake.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.