Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I'm selling my iPhone and hopefully picking up the 3g one when it get's released. So I wanted to know how to enable the data plan web browser email on another phone, because it doesn't seem to be working for me.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Are you on AT&T, and is the phone you are using an AT&T phone or an unlocked phone?

If you are on AT&T, and you can't get internet to work with an AT&T phone, try going online and selecting the correct phone model, then change your plan to the media max 19.99 plan. It's the same as the iPhone plan, just for a regular phone. (Granted, the iPhone plan SHOULD work in a regular phone, but if you still have issues after that then at least tech support knows what phone you are on.)

If you are using an unlocked phone either google online or call 611 (customer service) for the correct internet settings, which you often need to input for your carrier if a phone is unlocked.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
The phone I'm currently using is an unlocked LG shine Ke970. Thanks for the reply I'm going to give it a try. Also I'm missing the iPhone already :( When does the new one come out :D

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
The phone I'm currently using is an unlocked LG shine Ke970. Thanks for the reply I'm going to give it a try. Also I'm missing the iPhone already :( When does the new one come out :D

Try this for internet settings Since it's unlocked those settings should get it onto AT&T for ya.

If I knew when the new iPhone came out I'd be psychic, and therefore much richer. But rumors are pointing to a June release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.