Does iPhone support GSM call forwarding options?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BryanLyle, Dec 21, 2007.

1. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Does the iPhone support the standard GSM call forwarding options found here?

http://www.arcx.com/sites/GsmFeatures.htm

I would love to be able to forward calls to another number when my phone was off or out of a service area.

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

yes, theres an option under the phone settings for forwarding

3. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

If you get a call to your iphone while its forwarded to a LAN line will it used your minutes?

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

im not entirley sure what you mean
    but my guess is your american. here in the uk, we only get charged for calls we make, NOT receive... thats why the uk phone plans seem worse than US, but in fact theyre similar...
    i doubt they can charge you, as the call isnt going through the phone. its the network operator that forwards the call when your number is dialed.

5. scoutinho888 macrumors newbie

Yes you can forward GSM calls on an Ipad...

Here's how you forward GSM calls on an Ipad...

Since I do not carry my 2 cellphones, I always had the call forwarding option active. I have 2 Blackerry 8520s.

- First I activated call forwarding from one number to the other... In blackberry, go to Options>phone options> call fowarding. ( You will need to have that option activated with your carrier.

- When I bought my ipad, I cut my sim to a micro sim size & inserted into the ipad. By mistake I called the sim which was inserted into the ipad & the call was sent to my other phone.

Its that simple!!!! If Ipad can foward GSM calls, I am sure someone will be able to crack the code to make GSM calls from the Ipad.

If it worked for you, please reply. Atleast I know I could help you guys out there.

Cheers,
    Solomon Coutinho