Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Apple has been amazing since 2007 at adapting to the needs of its users in terms of features that the OS has lacked from mms, to multitasking, etc...

One feature I CANNOT seem to find on my dads iphone4 which is CRUCIAL to ME and i would think most people who use their phones for business and pleasure is the ability to categorize or group your contacts. I am able to do this currently on android and it has been a feature that has been around since the Palm days who introduced the smart phone. For example I can have 20 numbers under business, 50 under friends, 70 under family and so on. I can create these categories right from the phone and add or delete to them and they sync with my gmail contacts.

How come this is not possible with iPhone or is it and I just cant figure out how to do it?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't think you looked too in depth.

I see group names as plain as day on my iPhone and on my Mac within Address Book

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I don't think you looked too in depth.

I see group names as plain as day on my iPhone and on my Mac within Address Book

can you tell me how please? Cause Im talking about where I can add contacts and within the contact add a category or group to put it in, there is no such thing in the new contacts field.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
can you tell me how please? Cause Im talking about where I can add contacts and within the contact add a category or group to put it in, there is no such thing in the new contacts field.
For some dumb reason you can't make or add to groups from the device. You have to do it on the computer (Address Book [OS X], Outlook [Win]).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.