Does iPod touch comes with its own screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Taccano, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Taccano macrumors newbie

I wanted to apply a screen protector to my one week old iPod Touch 2G.
    And to my surprise I found already a film protecting the screen. I haven't noticed in the first case.
    Does iPod Touch comes with a protector from the box?
    How good is that? Because it seems pretty good to me. Why does people then remove it and buy another film which is hell to apply flawless? :confused:
    By the way, my iPod Touch screen reacted every gestures even under 2 protecting films. Amazing.

ps: I didn't like Rebel Touch case protector. It is sturdy. But looks very cheap to me. It blows all the elegance of the iPod. Do you have any suggestions then Rebel Touch and InvisibleShield?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I have run my keys forcefully over my iPhone screen. Nothing happened. It doesn't come with one, but you don't need one.

3. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

Since it's glass you don't need a screen protector...unless you're carrying diamonds in your pocket or are you thinking about getting a case to protect the back of the iPod?

4. firewood macrumors 604

The biggest problem is something most people would never think about being a problem.

Dust.

Depending on what geographic area you live it, some tiny tiny percentage of the dust in the air could be dirt, but originally, maybe long long ago, of volcanic origin. That stuff can still cut glass if rubbed on the screen. Whether one of those microscopic particles is part of the dust which lands on your iPod or iPhone every day is like playing roulette. Maybe you'll be lucky, maybe not.

5. Taccano thread starter macrumors newbie

The back of iPod Touch is very prone to scratches. I had just one day carried in my pocket. With utter care. Just one time by mistake I put my mobile in the same pocket. And I have two scratches on the back. Indeed I would like to protect the back.

And over the screen. If it doesn't come with a protector, why does mine have one?

6. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

It's not really a permanent screen protector as such but a temporary one to ensure that the screen doesn't get marked before it gets bought.

I know a couple of people who have left it on. I decided to get an Invisible Shield for both front and back.

7. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Yea because glass can't be scratched by anything but diamonds. Go tell that to every car window in the world. Oh wait maybe that is from the diamonds whirling in the wind. LOL :rolleyes:

TS if you're smart you'll buy a cheap screen protector. Don't think it can be scratched then go read one of the hundreds of threads by people with scratched screens. Or go ask a photographer if high dollar glass can be scratched or not