Does it make sense that they would announce the iPhone 5 on the 4th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackhdev, Sep 29, 2011.

1. jackhdev macrumors 6502

Does it make sense that they would announce the iPhone 5 on the 4th? That's a Tuesday, too. Don't they usually have the keynotes on Wednesdays (i.e. announce the iPhone 5 on the 5th)? I know I'm looking into this too much, but it doesn't make sense, especially since Apple usually hides things in their invitations. Anyway, it would be such as disappointment if they only announced the iPhone 4S... what do you think?

2. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

I don't think the date (4th) would have been chosen to specify what they'll announce (4S).

Anyway, we'll find out on Tuesday :D.

3. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I think 5 days is too many days for us to continue posting threads like this before we have our answer. I'm as guilty of it as anybody.

4. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

So how do Wednesdays make sense and not Tuesdays?

5. jackhdev thread starter macrumors 6502

Wednesday is the 5th of October (iPhone 5), while Tuesday is the 4th of October (iPhone 4S), emphasis on the numbers. I was saying that keynotes are usually held on Wednesdays, so why a Tuesday? Is Apple trying to hint at something?

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

WWDC 2010 was held on June 7th, a Monday. Apple is probably shifting the timelines of product releases and this isn't a WWDC or Apple-regular event.

7. SMDrew macrumors member

8. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

This is the most Asperger's laden thread ever.

9. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

You people are reading way too much in between the lines.

They announce it on Tuesday. Open preorders on Friday. Phone launches the Friday after that.

10. MacyBoyPros macrumors newbie

Announcement only...

I think that they will announce the iPhone that they are going to announce on Tuesday and have it shipping by the end of the month.

-D

11. Tones2 macrumors 65816

If it was going to be called the iPhone 4s, it would have been announced on SEPTEMBER (s) 4. So I think it will be called the iPhone 4o, for October (o) 4. You heard it here first. :D

Tony

12. cward0715 macrumors regular

Well here's the truth. You can tell what iPhone will be released based on the song they play before the keynote. If it's Mambo no. 5, I have some good news for you. If it's 4 minutes, unfortunately it does not bode well.

13. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Well, I agree with this much of your post.

14. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I don't really think Apple cares about whether its the 4th or 5th of the month. If they did then you might as well say:

"Hey shouldn't Apple wait until next May to release the iPhone 5 on May 5th??? Get it? MAY 5TH??? as in 5/5?!?!?"
    :rolleyes:

You got that right brotha! :p