Does it make sense to upgrade to 10.7.2 if no iOS device?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by whohasaquestion, Oct 12, 2011.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502

Well, the closest iOS device that I have is the original iphone, which i still keep around the house. Obviously, it only runs iOS 3.1.3 and doesn't support iCloud feature. I would love to be able to sync safari bookmark with google bookmark, but i am not even sure that's a feature of iCloud. Anyway, let me know if it's advisable to upgrade immediately.

2. The General macrumors 601

iCloud isn't the only thing they added to 10.7.2. There are plenty of other bug fixes and enhancements. It's not JUST iCloud. Also, you don't have to use an iOS device to use iCloud. While you can't "sync safari bookmark with google bookmark" using iCloud, you CAN sync Safari's bookmarks with iCloud itself, disregarding Google.

So, yes. Upgrade. There is no reason not to upgrade.

3. jacdem macrumors member

Yes The General is true. I don't have an IOS device but i upgraded. Many little bugs have been fixed: Volume gray out issue, computer slowing down, battery life a little longer… that is what we have been waiting for.

4. fireworksdesign macrumors member

battery life a little longer? by how much?

5. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

No iOS device here.
    But it's definitely worth upgrading -- the system is faster, uses less RAM and some welcome tweaks in Mission Control