Does it matter in what country I buy Apple Care?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sannekita, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

Does it matter in what country I buy apple care? There is a major price difference between buying in Belgium and buying it in the US, for example. And, if it doesn't matter, where is it the cheapest?
    Thanks,
    Sanne

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Applecare is Applecare. I bought my iMac from the online store here in Japan. I bought my Applecare (US retail version) from LA Computer in the United States. It worked perfectly. :) This is about the cheapest place I've seen for retail but you may need a US address to have it shipped to. The cheapest way I know of to get Applecare is to buy it on eBay.

3. antibact1 macrumors 6502

I live in Canada and bought from LA Computer as well - great place to deal with. I didn't need a US address either as they were able to email the activation code and that worked just fine.

4. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Buying AppleCare from LA Computer sure is cheaper than buying it directly from Apple, but eBay is your true friend here. It can be yours for about $140 there. That's about €110. You won't pay any shipping, as the seller will only e-mail you the activation code.

5. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I bought my original Mac in Hawaii, my AppleCare in NYC and I live in the UK. My wife's iBook came from NYC with AppleCare from the UK.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

No, it does not, as Applecare is Applecare and is valid wherever Apple sells or services its products.

Cheers and good luck

7. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

wiseguy27

Also check price comparisons using a site like bizrate or pricegrabber - you may find better deals at stores like Amazon too. Buying AppleCare from the US makes a lot of sense since it's the cheapest there.

8. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

I live in Lima, Peru, and here the apple care works good only it takes a couple of weeks so you could get your new hardware

9. Sannekita thread starter macrumors regular

Sannekita

Thanks for the replies! This saved me a lot of money :)