Does it matter what country it is bought?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cfs, May 27, 2008.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hi Forum,

I plan on buying a new Macbbok with Applecare in the US and leaving it with family in Nagoya, Japan, which has an Apple Store.

If anything happens to the Macbook during warrenty will Apple Japan be able to fiux the computer bought in the US or would they have to ship it back to the US?

I am assuming that Macbooks are universal as far as hardware so if for some reason the LCD or logicboard went on me I wouldn't have a problem

-cfs

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I believe I'm right in saying that – due to their travelish nature – Apple's laptops have a worldwide warranty.

3. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

I have seen this question asked many times here. I have read all of my AppleCare Warranty, and I do not find anywhere it says AppleCare will only work in any one country. Hope this helps.

4. blakintosh macrumors member

I'm pretty sure that the warranty is international. I had a friend who bought and ipod in the USA and had to move to Mexico. Then the hard drive died and he went to an official apple care thingy in Mexico and got it fixed. He had no problems so as long as you go to an official apple store to fix it you will not have any problems.

hopes this helps

5. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

It'll be fine; I just bought a MBP here in Japan but I live in the UK and will be returning in September.

6. wako macrumors 65816

The warranty is warranted worldwide, even if there isnt an Apple store in the country...

I actually know specifically someone who bought their Mac in the US, studied abroad in France and got their system fixed there multiple times.

7. lacereza macrumors regular

I've been wondering about this, too. My (Australian) credit card has an extended warranty provision, but only for things that have an 'Australian warranty'. I plan to buy a laptop in the US when I go there to study in a couple of months. Does anyone have the policy wording handy? Does it say 'worldwide warranty' or make mention of a specific country at all? If the former I'll not bother with Applecare!