Does it matter where I buy my iPhone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fnord08, Nov 9, 2007.

1. fnord08 macrumors newbie

fnord08

Is there going to be any difference at all depending on whether i buy my iPhone at the Apple sore, Carphonewarehouse or an O2 store ????

I mean O2 are not going to put any crappy branding or anything on it are they?

I'm thinking the Apple store will be packed and I'd be better off going to the CPW

2. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

The only difference will be the type of carrier bag you walk out of the store with. Go to the Apple Store to get a nice white Apple logo'd string pull up bag.

Oh Yes!

3. calvy macrumors 65816

They had special bags for us in the USA. It was a stiff cardboard like box/bag thing.

4. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

Can you just buy the iphone separately in the UK now, or does it come standard with a contract and you either buy the contract or you don't get an iphone, is it like that ?

5. GreyMatta macrumors regular

I would like to know this as well

Can you go into the apple store pick up an iphone for £270 without signing a contract, handing over bank details or anything else.

my company provide me with a mobile phone and i would like to swap the sim into an iphone if possible. (I know I would have to wait for 1.1.2 to be fully cracked as I live in the UK) but is it that easy ?

Cheers :)

Greymatta

6. fnord08 thread starter macrumors newbie

fnord08

I walked into an O2 store, paid with my credit card and that was it - did not sign a contract or give any bank details etc. I am sure it will be the same with the Apple store (and Apple online), but I would stear clear of the Carphonewarehouse as i think they require you to sign the contract