does it matter where tracks come from ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tech198, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all..

In my task to fix up all my uploaded and matched songs in iTunes, because thanks to meta-data being wrong, what actually causes this NOT to match ?

eg, if one track/song has incorrect meta data in one field (eg incorrect artists) will this be enough to throw of Match and report as "Unknown" ? even though yes it may be in the store, but the fact one of the track was incorrect match "thinks" the album is not correct?

in addition when actually matching up the meta data and finding the track in the store to get info from so you can fill the required fields in, does it matter where the song comes from ?

I mean the same song/version say of 'Britney Spears - Opps.. i did it again'" may be on several albums..... When this is the case, which one do you go for ?

This is probably 99% of the time.

2. Yoshi Yogurt macrumors regular

I keep all my music in the itunes folders so I can easily fix any library problems.

You should take the time to do the same as well.

3. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

I'm not talking about where its saved or where you edit, I'm talking about when editing you need to match artists/song/tracks from somewhere.

All i'm saying if since these same songs/versions of same songs appear across multiple albums in iTunes Store, does it really matter which album you get the song off or not ? How do you choose if the same song can apply to many albums ?