Does it really take 3 weeks for a new MBP+printer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mekondelta, Jun 17, 2008.

1. mekondelta macrumors newbie

I ordered a MBP (15", 7200rpm 200GB drive) and the Canon all-in-one printer from the UK site and it's quoting me 3 weeks for delivery.

Is this normal? Are Apple just being pessimistic like Amazon where they'll say 5 days and it'll turn up in 2?

2. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Well...

Has it come yet?

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Your ordered a BTO Mac so it takes a few days for them to "build" it. Then it looks like you ordered the free shipping so it takes several days with that, it has to tour the country now and it will.

It most likely won't take three weeks, more like a week and a half to two weeks.

I ordered a stock MacBook back in April and paid for the next day shipping. I had it the next day by 2PM. It's really all about the shipping options.

4. mekondelta thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not here yet. Apparently 29th June. The status is "In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly" which has been the same for the last 5 days or so.

I wish they'd pull their act together like Dell where I've had a BTO laptop delivered in 5 days.

5. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

its more likely that the printer is the suspect here, if you order the mbp alone I bet you'd have got a week maximum for the shipping date. It happened to me last November when I bought my bto MacBook, as soon as I took the printer of the order I got 4 days shipping time instead of two weeks. It has also happened to my friends who took advantage of the free printer offer.