Does it really take 9 - 15 days transit time for me to get my 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JOSE891, Sep 14, 2014.

1. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Preordered a T-Mobile 6+ on apple.com on 9/12 as soon as I saw the website was back on, I was auto refreshing the page every 5 seconds with Google Chrome and placed my order in under a minute but wasn't able to get a "Delivers on 9/19" date, I don't know if they just sold out the T-Mobile models in under a minute or they are back ordered because when I was placing my order i saw they had other carrier 6+ for delivery on the 19th, anyway on my Order Status page it says "Available to ship: 7- 10 business days" so between 9/12 - 9/22 my phone has too be shipped out from Apple, but on the bottom of that it says "Delivers: Oct 1 - Oct 6 by Standard Shipping". So lets say worst case scenario my phone ships out 9/22, that means the earliest I'm gonna get it 9 - 15 days later. I'm probably giving this to much thought but I have no phone ATM because I sold my 5s thinking i'd be able to get it this Friday, but I guess I can't since the T-Mobile 6+ orders are delayed.

This doesn't make any sense, does it really take this long to be delivered?
    Is the phone shipped from China air mail or something, they didn't have a option for overnight shipping when I checked out?

2. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

You will get it most likely sometime in November. They under-estimated demand for the Plus.

3. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

If your in the USA you will get your phone within about 3 days usually, same thing every year. They drop ship everything from multiple warehouses throughout the USA. You can track your iphone from the time it leaves China.

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

They are all coming from China. There will be some sitting in FedEx and UPS warehouses that already made it over here. But make no mistake, none of these phones are coming "from Apple", nor will they be allowed to be delivered earlier than the 19th, even if possible (unless a mistake is made).

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dont worry about it so much, you will somehow survive for another 2-3 weeks without the 6 Plus.

6. sulidin macrumors newbie

I had exact same experience with t-mobile full price version. I ordered in that 10 sec after apple site is up but it gave me 7-10 days for shipping. Well I asked same question to my self, how is that possible to deliver that late if they ship it lets say september 25 in worst case. I m hoping some change in deliver time till friday, otherwise will go for store event and if I get my phone from store I ll cancel my pre-order in that moment.