Does it really takes them 3 weeks to ship iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcin0903, Jul 24, 2010.

1. marcin0903 macrumors regular

I've recently ordered my iPhone 4 16GB Black in Apple Online Store UK and as many ppl there I want to get it as soon as it possible, so my question is - does it really takes them 3 weeks to ship iPhone or it is just estimated, "safe" time and it usually comes after emm... for example 2 weeks?

2. tonydsam macrumors newbie

No it doesn't. I ordered mine on the 5th July and got it on the 20th.

3. matthewhotdude macrumors regular

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

7 to 10 days is what I was told.

5. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

wow - it's really cool, I meant that they will ship it after 2 weeks but if it's arriving after 2 weeks so they will ship it after one week, right? (In my case it will be next week, because I ordered on Friday, 16th July).

BTW. How much time does it take to arrive package from China to UK, because they are shipping iP4s that way ;)

6. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I have orderd a bumper and got an estimated time of 3 weeks, expected the dispatch on the 5th, would also like to know from anyones experience, will it come earlier. im desperate for it. also in uk, thanks for any advice.

7. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

OK so I find out that I goes about 7 business days - am I right?

And one more thing, what if I am not at home two/three days in row? What does courier do in case that he cannot contact me?

8. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

After 3 delivery attempts (in USA anyway):

Return to sender
    Address unknown
    no such address
    no such zone

<sorry Elvis>

9. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

I think it just depends. I've seen post of where people say it has been shipped a week early. I ordered a 32GB on July 3rd (exactly 3 weeks ago from today) and it shipped 3 days ago, so it shipped early but not by a week. But I think it's safe to say that it will ship sometime before the 3 week mark.

10. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

OK, so I see that this is a lottery - anyway - final question:

How much time does it take to receive iPhone 4 sent from China to UK, when ordering via Apple Online Store?

11. jophes macrumors newbie

I ordered mine on the 11th July and it has not shipped yet. It is scheduled to ship on the 2nd August.

Someone else on the forum ordered on the same day as me and theirs shipped back on the 22nd.

Obviously there isn't a lot of consistency.

12. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Ordered a black 32GB iPhone 4 at the local AT&T corporate store late Friday night on July 16, received on Thursday, 7/22. :D

13. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot guy for answers, but I want to get answer on that question:

How much time does it take to receive iPhone 4 since it was shipped from China to UK (ordered via Apple Online Store)?

14. klrobinson999 macrumors 6502

Ordered mine on the 13th and has still not shipped, and is not supposed to ship until Aug. 2nd.
    I keep hearing about early shipments but not seeing it.

15. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

Damn... so I know that this is lottery with early shipping but I am asking one more time for answer on this question :rolleyes:

How much time does it take to receive iPhone 4 since it was shipped from China to UK (ordered via Apple Online Store)?

16. jophes macrumors newbie

Dude, people can see your question 6 times in the past hour. When someone comes along that has an answer, they'll give it to you.

In the meantime, we're comparing our own ordering online stories.

17. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

3 Days shipping (Including a Sunday, yes the package still moves around) 22 days in total.

18. mkelly2115 macrumors member

Ordered mine July 1st got mine yesterday July 23rd

19. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

OK - I understand it, but if someone said that he ordered on the (for example) 2nd July and he get it on 23th so for sure that person knows how long his iPhone was in shipping, right?

Anyway thanks for answer :), especially Makaveliarts

20. Stein357 macrumors 6502

I order a 32GB yesterday, suppose to ship on the 13th and arrive on the 18th. Hope it gets here faster.

21. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

****!

22. tjwaggoner macrumors regular

Att

Ordered 32gb on the 14th late afternoon. Had it on the 21st around 2pm. Att premier order

23. rasmusonline macrumors regular

Cuz Apple prefers Americans... Understandable :D Steve rules!

24. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

It's horrible and ununderstandable :p

btw. maybe he will stop at the moment thinking about new project and make iTunes Store and Apple Online Store (didn't even thought about retail..) in Poland - I will be happy from that, because for now I have to order some new products to my friend's home in UK than he sents me those to Poland. Hope Steve will introduce opening of new iTunes stores and Apple online stores soon :p

25. rasmusonline macrumors regular

Maybe. They are opening some more Apple Store in Europe right now. OT marcin you are not that marcin7904 guy? :D