Does it take longer to boot up for anyone after the update?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by WinterWolf90, Apr 11, 2015.

1. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

Have the higher end 2015 13 pro and noticed after the update it takes longer to boot up. It doesn't even show the same screen; it's just black then barely shows the apple logo then the login screen. Used to it would show the apple logo right off the bat. This occur for anyone else? i know that when I first installed the updated it stated that it would operate differently until it optimized it, but how long does that take?

2. twintin macrumors 6502

I only reboot mine when an update requires it, otherwise not, so I don't really know if anything has changed in that respect.

3. bert484 macrumors member

Reset the PRAM and that should do it for you. My brother had the same problem and the reset fixed the slow boot up.

Good luck

4. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

Thank you so much! I've been having a slow boot up since the update and I was wondering how to fix it. Forgot all about the PRAM reset and once I did it, it fixed it. Thanks again!

5. gmintz09 macrumors member

I wouldn't say it takes longer to boot after this most recent update, but from Mavericks to Yosemite, I did notice a difference. I've read on here that it doesn't really take much longer and that it's more of an illusion because you see a loading bar versus the animation in Mavericks. Who knows? Either way, it's still much faster than any other Windows laptop I've had to start up.

6. WinterWolf90 thread starter macrumors 6502

That fixed it; thanks so much!

7. Thumpernator macrumors newbie

Thumpernator

Which step fixed it, Option 1 or Option 2?

Dave

8. WinterWolf90 thread starter macrumors 6502

Option 2