Does it worth upgrading from 5 do 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Biomage, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Biomage macrumors member

I am in thoughts to buy 5s, but i have seen much videos and the differences between performance from the 5 and 5s its very low.

Also i am afraid that one day maybe the touch id will broke, so its gonna be expensive for that fixing.

And does it worth really for the money for upgrading to 5s.?

share your thoughts

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I had the black 5 from launch week, and just got the silver/white 5s last week. It was definitely worth it. Wanted a new color, plus Touch ID is great. The camera is quite a nice improvement as well.

If you can afford it, go ahead and do it. You get a 1 year warranty as standard from Apple so if there's an issue within that 1 year with Touch ID you can get the phone repaired/replaced.

3. vtboyarc macrumors regular

vtboyarc

I'd say yes

I'd say yes! I got a 5s in early December and love it. More devs are making apps optimized for 64bit support and apps are beginning to take advantage of the M7 (Nike apps, sleep cycle, to name a couple). I think the 5s is much more future proof than the 5, with its processor being quite a bit ahead and with 64bit support. Sure, you might not notice a huge speed difference side by side with a 5...yet. But over time, the 5s is going to keep on being fast and smooth and the 5 won't be able to keep up.

Also, a note about touch ID. I currently can't use it due to my fingerprints begin all but gone due to chemical burns I got while in the Navy, and that doesn't make me like the phone any less. I just use the pass code like before!

4. Biomage thread starter macrumors member

well i have option to trade my iphone 5 with nexus 5 2 weeks used.
    or trade my iphone 5 for iphone5s + 230 usd .

i really dunno what to do...

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Biased, but I would definitely say to trade the 5 for iPhone 5s + $230. Absolutely a no brainer for me if you can spare the cash.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you're interested in giving Android a try, the Nexus 5 is a fantastic phone.

If you aren't, I'd suggest keeping your iPhone 5 and save $230. I can think of a lot of other things I could get with $230. That's about 75% of what I'd need to buy a new GPU for my gaming computer...

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

To me it's not worth it and the fingerprint sensor doesn't really entice me much.
    I saved my upgrade for the next iPhone model hopefully with a lot better updated features and a bigger screen.

8. ajresendez macrumors member

ajresendez

No just hold off till the new iphone comes out.

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Definitely NOT worth it IMO at this point. The iPhone 5S is nearly halfway through its life cycle and if you've got a working iPhone 5 I really don't see a compelling reason to upgrade now. Touch ID is great but will certainly be included, and possibly improved on the next iPhone.

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Halfway through it's life cycle? It's been out for almost 4 months, but the new iPhone won't be released for 8 months. Not quite halfway through it's life cycle.

I upgraded from the 5 to the 5s and it was definitely worth it. If the 6 comes out and it looks great, then I'll likely sell the 5s and buy the 6.