Does itune 10 for Windows 7 64bits not exist?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gavbo, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Gavbo macrumors member

I finally upgraded, repowned my 3Gs to 4.0.0, but I had to do it on my gf's laptop because I am running Windows 7 64bits. When I clicked on the itune download for Windows 7 64bits it installs an older version 9.2?

Now the iphone is on 4.0.0, the problem is I am unable to connect it to my Windows 7 64bits to restore my contacts as itune 9.2 dont support 4.x.x

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yes, iTunes 10 for Windows 7 64bit does exist. You have to look for the 64bit installer package when you are downloading iTunes for Windows 7. There will be a small blurb on it when you go to the download page.

BL.

3. Gavbo thread starter macrumors member

Thats the thing, I did ensure I selected the 64bit installer :confused:

odd?

4. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

It's not really 64 bit though. The installer is; however the program is actually running in 32 Bits. Very sloppy programming; even on the Mac. **** needs to be updated tremendously.

5. macrazee macrumors regular

Correct. The "X64" version of iTunes is really just the same old 32-bit iTunes app and even the Apple Mobile Device plugin is still 32-bit.

To be fair, iTunes remains entirely 32-bit on the Mac as well. Sad and shameful but true.

6. TheHal85 macrumors newbie

It's lame... but when downloading anything from Apple, I use IE (64 Bit). Apple's website then see's what browser you're using and suggests that installer for you. No need trying to find where it is on the page/searching around for it.

7. mikeee macrumors regular

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

What benefit do you all think you'd get from running a true 64-bit iTunes? iTunes is not a particularly processor-intensive app, and it certainly doesn't need huge amounts of RAM. Aside from a possible marginal performance increase on things like CD encoding (which is actually done by QuickTime...), I just don't see anything that would justify rewriting the app for 64 bits.

9. Gavbo thread starter macrumors member

I dont need a 64bits version of itune. All I need is a working version of itune version 10 supporting my 4.X ios Iphone 3gs that will work with my Windows 7 64bits OS. As the current itune 64bits installer downloads itune 9.2?