Does iTunes 10.1 break colour customization and revert the traffic lights?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Melanotis, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Melanotis macrumors newbie

Melanotis

Love it or hate it, I couldn't stand the all-gray iTunes and the vertical traffic lights. So I dropped a little script in the terminal and installed a modification to bring colour back to my icons.

Now that iTunes 10.1 is out, does anyone have any experience with it breaking such modifications? I can't quite remember what it was I changed or I would experiment for myself. Unfortunately I'm tech savvy enough for basic trouble shooting and following explicit directions but not enough to know all the components of iTunes. I think I replaced a resource file of some kind.

Thank you for your help,

-Melanotis

2. KirkL macrumors 6502

3. celticpride678

When you first install the update, everything will be reverted to default. However, both "hacks" still work if you re-apply them.

4. Melanotis thread starter macrumors newbie

Melanotis

Bugger. Time to find out what I did. Thank you. :)

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I had changed my "traffic lights" to their previous state, and after I ran the update they were still the "right" way. They did not change. Now, I did not do the other changes to the look of iTunes, just the red, yellow and green buttons, so can't speak to that, but the buttons did not revert.