Does iTunes 9.2 Beta Allow iTunes Streaming over Internet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steve77uk, Jun 11, 2010.

1. steve77uk macrumors regular

I have iTunes 9.2 Beta installed along with iOS 4.0 - so does my wife on her MB.

However, I have loaded up my iTunes 9.2 Beta and her library (shared) is showing even though her computer is turned off and when I click on it, it comes up with this (screen shot attached!)

We both have MobileMe and iPhones... is this new?

Attached Files:

2. Skinfaxi macrumors member

Wow, that's awesome. I hope it's a feature that will hit soon.

I remember a while back, when Simplify Media, the program that streamed music over the web to iDevices, was mysteriously shut down. People where speculating that Apple bought the technology to include in a future iTunes update.

3. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

I may be completely off on this one, but I believe that that just allows you to connect to iTunes libraries of those computers that are connected to the same network as you. My husband and I can listen to each other's iTunes libraries via our at home WiFi. Although, I would LOVE if they would hurry up and find a way to get my music in the cloud. I was a LaLa member and I'm going to miss it. There's always Orb I guess.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Doubful. iTunes USED to do this, way back in the day. They only shut it off to make the music companies happy.

If they ever made a deal to do it again, I'm sure they have the know-how to make it work again.

That is interesting that they use "The Internet" in the dialog box...

5. steve77uk thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm it was the wording that caught my eye...

I know that you can stream over the network internally, but cannot remember seeing that message before especially with the word internet...

anyone still got 9.1 to replicate?